I don’t have as many favorite things to share with you this month as I had originally hoped. Between graduation, puppies (see below) and about a week of being super sick, the month really got away from me. One favorite thing not mentioned is my new camera, but since I said that this series wouldn’t be photography related, I didn’t include it. Hopefully, you’ll try one of my favorites and enjoy it as much as I do!
- Nosili App- This is a white noise app that has been a lifesaver recently. Not only can you play relaxing noises like rain, wind, waves or even coffee shop noises, but you can also layer sounds on top of each other. My go-to combination when I am working is the coffee shop and fire crackles and my go-to for sleeping is rain and thunder. I was really sick earlier this month and the rain and thunder was the only way I could sleep during the day.
- The Clockwork Sparrow series– I got this series at an Usborne party earlier this month. They are at a middle school reading level, so I didn’t have high hopes for it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I couldn’t wait to find out what happened. I’ve finished book one and I’m almost done with book two. They are an easy read, and if you love mysteries, this would be a good book for the pool. Your middle school-aged children would love it as well, or it would be great to read to elementary aged children.
- Puppies!- We bred our labs in February and the puppies were born early last month. The first few weeks aren’t my favorite because the pups don’t do a lot. This past month though has been awesome!!! The puppies have so much personality, and they are so much fun to play with. It made my day to come home from work and play with these cuties. They go home this week, but we still have some looking for a family to love. If you or someone you know is looking for a great family dog and a good hunting dog, let me know. What is there not to love about puppies? If you want to see more pictures, follow our Instagram page @tennesseeeriverlabs
- Magnolia Table Cookbook– I’m obsessed with Chip & Jo! I’m not afraid to admit it. As much as I hate surprises, I’d be 100% OK with a surprise trip to Waco, TX. Who feels the same way? I have both of their books, I’ve watched every episode of Fixer Upper, and I look forward to my Magnolia Journal each quarter, so when I found out that Jo was writing a cookbook, I knew that I would be buying it. I haven’t had a chance to make anything in it yet, but I’ve read it all the way through. The pictures are gorgeous and I love that Jo tells stories about the recipes. I can’t wait to try some.
- Handlettering- I started learning to hand-letter right about the time I finished up my last grad class (early April). I’m not very good yet, but I do find it relaxing to practice. I am learning through an online class from Handlettered Design. I was nervous to start because I don’t even think I have nice normal handwriting. In fact, in elementary school, I asked one of my friends to give me “handwriting lessons” so I could get better. I’ve enjoyed learning the art of hand lettering, and I really think that everyone can learn.
Those are all my favorites for this month. If you have any questions about anything I’ve shared, just send me a message. Like always If you have tried any of these things let me know how you like them!
If you missed the first post in this series, you can read it here.